The Walking Dead – Video Games Worth Playing
If you are fond of chasing and killing zombies and at the same time making important decisions along with the adrenaline rush and action then, The Walking Dead is definitely the right video game for you. This game has gained popularity this year through its uniqueness with other zombie games in the market and other versions are also planned to be released sometime in 2013.
The Walking Dead – Episodic Game
The Walking Dead Game is the video game adaptation of the hit graphic novel series “The Walking Dead” authored by Robert Kirkman. It is considered as an episodic video game that is created by Telltale Games especially for different platforms like PSP, Xbox 360 or Live Arcade, Mac OS and Apple iOS.
It is composed of five exciting episodes which four has been already released this year. The last one episode is scheduled to be launched on the 4th of December 2012. The gameplay of the Walking Dead episodic game is a lot different than other zombie games such as Left 4 Dead since it highlights more emotion and characterization rather than action making the players more engaged in the game.
The Five Episodes
The Walking Dead is consists of five thrilling episodes that have made the gaming crowd excited with its release. Here are the following episodes along with their release date and platforms.
• Episode 1 “ A New Day” – It was first released on the 24th of April 2012 for Mac, PC and PSP while the Xbox version followed three days later. On the 26th of July 2012, the iOS version was launched.
• Episode 2 “Starved For Help” – It was launched on the 27th of June for Xbox live arcade and followed by a version for Mac, PC and PSP two days later. After a month, a version for iOS was also released.
• Episode 3 “Long Road Ahead” – It was introduced on the market on the 28th of August 2012 for PSP and on the 29th for Xbox, Mac and PC. It was only last October 18 that a version for iOS was released.
• Episode 4 “Around Every Corner” – It was released on the 9th of October for PSP and a day later for other platforms.
• Episode 5 “ No Time Left” – It was scheduled to be released in late November or the first week of December.
The Walking Dead in 2013?
With the success of The Walking Dead in 2012 is another game by created by Terminal Reality in partnership with Activision. It is entitled “The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct” which is a first person shooting game very different from the Walking Dead from Telltale. This game is based from the Walking Dead TV series and is planned to be launched in December 2013.
The game is considered as the prequel to the hit television show featuring Merle and Daryl Dixon and their quest to beat the zombies from Georgia to Atlanta. This is another exciting game that you everyone should watch out for in the year 2013.